General query

I have been prescribed Veloz D before breakfast. Just want to check if before breakfast means that it has to be necessarily taken empty stomach first thing in the morning?

Doctor Answers (2) on General query

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. i can understand your concern, veloz-d is a medicine used to suppress the acid production in the stomach. such medicines need to be taken at least half an hour before food. therefore, empty stomach doesn't mean first thing in the morning, you can take it half an hour before breakfast. also, avoid oily and spicy foods. drink lots of water through the day. i hope i have provided you with the answer to your question. best regards, Dr. Anil Kumar j jain.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...., I went through your query... Veloz D is an anti gastric medication....And belongs to te class of proton pump inhibitor.. Proton pump inhibitors are medicines that work by reducing the amount of stomach acid made by glands in the lining of your stomach..... PPIs are taken orally... They are available as tablets or capsules. Commonly, these medicines are taken 30 minutes before the first meal of the day....I sincerely hope this information helps....Regards...