Garcinia cambochia

Hi Dr, my wife is 32 yes, 80 KGS n 165 cms tall. C section delivery in 2013, first kid n gestational baby. She wants to reduce weight by consumption of garcinia cambochia. She feels as there's no negative feedback r reviews r nothing on side effects. she feels it to b safe. Am not convinced n I feel she's fine as she is. Pls advise, if she can consume, is it safe for health n way cud b side effects. Pls advise. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (2) on Garcinia cambochia

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. Just taking the tablets will not reduce her weight. if she things that by just taking the tablet everyday she will be able to achieve weight loss, then she is wrong and it would be pointless to take the medicines. She can take the tablet twice a day but along with that a proper diet and certain exercises will also be required . Kindly make her aware of this also. she has to drink lots of water also. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Sir, Garcinia Cambodia is nothing but extracts of "Kokum" which is readily available in our markets. Instead of taking artificially prepared garcinia, she can rather drink regular Kokum serbet and perform exercises. Even consumption of garcinia doesn't let you escape work out. Sweating out the excess fat is the only sure way to reduce weight and maintain it. You can contact me if she is still not convinced.