Frequent headaches

I read a lot out of hobby and my profession also demands good exposure to laptops. I occasionally used to get headaches but their frequency has increased in last 2-3 years. I use glasses of powers -5.5D & -5.75D and use balm almost every night before I sleep. Never diagnosed with migraine before. Sometimes half of my head or certain portions ache hard. Is this normal or do I need consultation?

Doctor Answers (1) on Frequent headaches

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, it is pretty common to see headache among people who work in front of computers for long duration and or when in stress full job. And power of your lens also tells, you your eyes muscles are weak, due to excessive reading not keeping book in proper distance or working on laptops. Here is what you have to do have a habit of practicing meditation daily for atleast 10min morning and evening try to relax that time, practice it daily it will control your headache. And for eyes try to sit in dark room for 10min daily with open eyes. (you can practice mediation on that time with open eyes) and practice focusing on a object daily keeping at some distance it will give good exercise to eye muscles.