Fever and throat pain
Hello, I've been running a fever with throat pain and bodyache for the last 2/3 days. I take some Crocin & the temperature comes down & the bodyache improves considerably. Once the Crocin wears off, the whole problem starts again. What could the problem be and what else could or should I do to fix it?

Hi, Pharyngitis is defined as an infection or irritation of the pharynx or tonsils  The etiology is usually infectious, with most cases being of viral origin and most bacterial cases attributable to group A streptococci (GAS). Other causes include allergy, trauma, toxins, and neoplasia. It is difficult to distinguish viral and bacterial causes of pharyngitis on the basis of history and physical examination alone.  pharyngitis is usually a self-limited illness. Throat symptoms resolve within 3-4 days in untreated patients.  Antibiotics are indicated in bacterial pharyngitis....