Feeling of shaking

This query is for my mother - 56 yrs. She has been complaining of the feeling of shaking on and off for few years. The problem is that the shaking is not visible outside (as her body doesn't actually shake) but she feels strong shaking. This happens only when she is about to sleep or when she is waking up, no matter if it is night sleep or day. My grandmother had Parkinson's so my mum is scared in case this is a symptom. What could this be? Which doctor should we go to? Currently she takes medicine for hypertension and is in control.

Doctor Answers (1) on Feeling of shaking

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi I understand your concern and anxiety... possible causes may be underlying anxiety disorder, thyroid disorders,sleep disorders,intentional tremors,certain medications ,cerebellar disorders etc...its unlikely Parkinson's...fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..consult nearest neurologist for clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.