Feeling hungry

Even after taking the heavy meal I'm feeling hungry. Is this the symptom of Sugar ?? but my random suger test results 100 . Can I know the reason for my hungry??

Doctor Answers (1) on Feeling hungry

Dr. Arunabha Das Darjeeling | General Physician
This question is very small in our mind, but the answer  is very broad. Excessive hunger after taking meal occurs in young adolescents due to over stress, depression, premenstrual syndrome, thyroid disorder, acute peptic disease and diabetes mellitus type 2. Bulimia nervosa is also a psychiatric cause of excess hunger after eating followed by purging to avoid weight gain. If in your family, your parents or grand parents or 1st degree relatives are suffering from diabetes before your birth, than you too might suffer from diabetes mellitus. Diabetes is easy to diagnose. So check your fasting and post prandial blood sugar. You should also check, if you are taking any medicine currently as cyproheptadine, tricyclic anti depressants or vitamin b complex with lysine or domperidone containing tablets. You should check for fasting thyroid profile to rule out thyroid disorder. You should check for timing of excess hunger is during menstruation or not? Often a patient suffers from acute peptic disease in stomach, which causes excess acid formation. This irritates stomach lining. On intake of meal, acid formation continues and mild pain with irritation in stomach is misconceived as hunger after meal. So, try to practise yoga daily. Consult any good physician who can physically examine your problem and reach to a final diagnosis. If you want, you may also consult any consultant endocrinologist for better treatment and diagnosis.