Feeling fainted, Vertigo

My wife is feeling frequent dizziness, a kind of vertigo from past one week. Whom should we consult, a general physician or neurologist. Why is it happening and how can this be resolved.

Doctor Answers (2) on Feeling fainted, Vertigo

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. A lot of causes like hypotension, hypoglycemia, ENT disorders, anemia can cause dizziness and vertigo. More history on the vertigo is required. Does it feel like she is spinning or the objects in the surrounding spinning. I suggest you consult a general physician first and get a complete blood counts done. Next Consult a ENT SPECIALIST to rule out ENT causes of vertigo. Drink lots of water. Have lots of greens and fruits. Having a high protein powder Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...Vertigo is a sensation of spinning. Vertigo is often triggered by a change in the position of your head.nausea ,vomiting is associated with it...Treatment for vertigo depends on what's causing it. You must accompany your wife while going out... Consult general physician or ent specialist