Feaver and body ache

Hello, Yesterday I was going to office and I drenched after that I came home, and suddenly I m not feeling well. After that I was feeling cold and I got fever and sometime I fell hot and sometime cold. And head is also aching, there is pain in my eyes also as well as very light body ache. Then I consult a doctor she gave me malaria medicines. Should I go for the medicines or consult another doctor. ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Feaver and body ache

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
hello, i went through your query, if you have runny nose, lightheadedness, throat pain or itching, may be even cough, or noseblockage, then it is common cold , symtomatic tretment is enough for mild cold.. malaria can be detected by simple blood test(peripheral smear), if you are staying in area which is endemic for malaria, may be your doctor might have suspected. you can get the blood test done , or otheriwse please get a second opinion.