Excessive sweating

I suffer from excessive facial sweating.
Initially i thought it might be because of anxiety but i get drenched in sweat even just sitting idle at home. Sometimes it seems my body just doesn't adjust to temperature changes. But the sweating is usually on my face and back. I have tried homemade remedies to no avail.

Doctor Answers (1) on Excessive sweating

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Hyperhidrosis (hi-pur-hi-DROE-sis) is abnormally excessive sweating that's not necessarily related to higher temperatures or exercise.

Use antiperspirant. Nonprescription antiperspirants contain aluminum-based compounds that temporarily block the sweat pore. This reduces the amount of sweat that reaches your skin. This type of product may help with minor hyperhidrosis.
Bathe daily. Regular bathing helps keep the number of bacteria on your skin in check. Dry yourself thoroughly, especially between the toes and under the arms.
Choose shoes and socks made of natural materials. Shoes made of natural materials, such as leather, can help prevent sweaty feet by allowing your feet to breathe. When you're active, moisture-wicking athletic socks are a good choice.
Rotate your shoes. Shoes won't completely dry overnight, so try not to wear the same pair two days in a row.
Change your socks often. Change socks or hose once or twice a day, drying your feet thoroughly each time. You may want to try pantyhose with cotton soles. Use over-the-counter foot powders to help absorb sweat.
Air your feet. Go barefoot when you can, or at least slip out of your shoes now and then.
Choose clothing to suit your activity.Generally, wear natural fabrics, such as cotton, wool and silk, which allow your skin to breathe. When you exercise, you might prefer fabrics designed to wick moisture away from your skin.
Try relaxation techniques. Consider relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation and biofeedback. These can help you learn to control the stress that triggers sweating.