Excessive pain in triscep

I play badminton frequently(almost 5 days in a week).Recently I have changed my style of playing and most of the time I apply muscle power for smashing.After one or two games,there is immense and extreme pain in my right hand triceps,elbow and lower biceps.The is such unbearable that I cannot lift my hand or continue playing further.I suffered form pain even when I did not change my style of playing but that pain was less and not prolonged.I cannot stop playing badminton since i have professional aspirations and I play an advanced level game. I apply Iodex/Moov and then continue the next or sometimes I apply hot water/steam to the effected area. At times, I have the feeling that may be I am applying excess of muscle power. I should have done it from the shoulder and the wrist.I am feeling helpless and very disappointed as I have to come out of the court very soon everyday and that my training is getting affected. It is very disheartening.

Doctor Answers (1) on Excessive pain in triscep

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query, I can understand your problem... Your description about your problem says,, you know the cause for your pain,,, if you need to be completely recover from the present muscle pain,, please follow your advise and physiotherapy sessions.. Playing with incomplete recovery will lead to more problem.. Once you recover completely,, you can start your practice gradually and the guidance of coach and a physiotherapist... All the best.