E.S.R. (1st hr, Westergre
E.S.R. (1st hr, Westergren) Is 40 mm. in my blood report & My age is 34. I want to understand this report & Suggeestion is there any serious matter?

Dr. Ameet Thakkar
General Physician 28 yrs exp Mumbai

Raised ESR is only of prognostic value. It rises in any kind of infection from viral to tuberculosis. If you have an infection currently, take appropriate antibiotics and repeat ESR after 4 weeks. Once the infection comes down the ESR will come down too.
Anindya Mukherjee
Consultant Physician 6 yrs exp Kolkata
ESR alone cant guide to any diagnosis. One needs to know the clinical scenario and other investigation findings. Please consult a MD MEDICINE PHYSICIAN