Doubts on cytomegalo igg

Hi iam 26yr old male unmarried Today took blood test for STD as a general check up. The report showed high on cytomegalo igg. Doctor asked to take medication for 6 months but I took second opinion from another doctor he said it's nothing to worry and to just leave and no need to take any medicine. Which one to follow pls guide me and is This a STD and is it dangerous? Do I need medication ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Doubts on cytomegalo igg

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..... Positive CMV IgG results indicate past or recent CMV infection. These individuals may transmit CMV to susceptible individuals through blood and tissue products.The CMV IgM and IgG results should not be used alone to diagnose CMV infection. Results should be considered in conjunction with clinical presentation, patient history and other laboratory findings.if you have symptoms of cmv infection then it's std ....