Doubt Regarding TB

I just met a friend who was suffering from Tubeculosis 3 months back and while we were having a conversation i was very close to him as i was unaware of the fact that he was having TB! As TB is air borne disease i am scared that may be some Bacterias have entered my body! Now what should i do?! I have heard that it takes more than 6 months for the bacterias to completely get eliminated!

Doctor Answers (1) on Doubt Regarding TB

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query, we always expose to tubercular bacteria either knowingly or unknowingly, it's our immune system which prevents us to getting disease from the bacteria. In TB patients if bacteria is responsive to antibiotics, sputum will be negative with in 2months,, don't worry, keep your self healthy active, by eating healthy diet and daily exercise, avoid smoking and drinking. If you get cough, night sweats, evening rise of temperature, loss of appetite, weight loss, Consult physician..