I'm getting the smell of food that I took in the form of gas and having diarrhoea for the past 2 days. Pls advise

Doctor Answers (1) on Diarrhoea

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... Based on the history you have given I think it may be due to GIT infection or due to indigestion/ gastritis... If its a GIT infection it can be due to food or water borne infection... Antibiotics/ anti-amoebic drugs are generally helpful....lacto bacilli sachets/ probiotics to replenish protective flora in the gut.. If its gastritis then- try eating several small meals instead of three large ones whenever you can...Avoid foods that irritate your stomach, especially those that are spicy, acidic, fried or fatty... avoid coffee,tea etc... Avoid Stress as it may make your gastritis symptoms worse...consider calming activities, such as meditation, yoga etc...sleep with head raised position and have dinner at least 2 hours before sleep..kindly consult a nearest physician for further management.