Couldn't engage in sex

I'm a recently engaged bridegroom luckily with my girlfriend and my marriage is fixed on coming July. We tried in intercourse but i couldn't engage as my organ didn't get tempered. My girl started convincing me by saying its cos of fear as we are trying for the first time. But I'm afraid of marriage now. Pls suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Couldn't engage in sex

Dr. Tanoy Bose Kolkata | Internal Medicine
Getting a sustained erection and ejaculations there off is a matter of complex inter play between a human psychology and physiology. There are hindrances like anxiety, depression, stress, smoking, alcohol, medicines etc that can hamper a normal sexual health. If these are addressed and the problem persists, we usually check for the seed hormones. If you have masturbated successfully then you must not have problems in having sec with your partner. It means that your physiology is intact. However, of there is lack of libido, energy and easy fatiguability then hormonal balance should be checked. The role of antidepressants and Antipsychotics come very late. In case there is no erection or poor erection, drugs like sildenafil may be of help. Must consult a doctor who is dealing with this issue