Contagious disease issue

Hi, My friend went to mumbai doctors told him that he has typhoid so he was there for 4 days now he is coming back to ahmedabad to his pg where we live together. I want to know is typhoid communicable or contagious I sleep besides him so will there be any issue my friend will use the same bathroom and also same drinking water from fridge so is there any chance that disease will come to us ? What precautions should I take or should I live somewhere else for few days
views-icons 60 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Typhoid is not a communicable disease as such. You have to understand that the disease transmits by a feco-oral route. That means the disease spreads by contaminated foods or water. Most commonly when you leave food uncovered, housefly could come and sit on your food which was earlier sitting on garbage or some drainage and things like that. If the water you drink is not pure, that can also cause. Sharing the same room, bathroom, utensils etc will not be a problem. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Anil B Sheth
General Physician 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Hello there, Typhoid fever is not contagious. If yr frnd stays with u n u share the room n bathroom with him is OK.U do not get typhoid by contacts, u get it by having unhygienic food habits , n by drinking impure water or ice golla similar out side food or drinks("shrabat") or sugarcane juice .