Colour blind

Hello doctor, I m pradeep Gautam and my age 23. Actually i m preparing for my medical examination for ies. So I went to check for my eye check up.... And my eye was found to be 6/6 (normal). Then I came to room and I'm happy that time... ... But after that my friend told me to check Colour blindness test on YouTube.. So both we r looking for pattern.. And I answered only 2-3 number correctly and my friend give almost all answer correct.... So I'm worried about it... Pls tell me any solution? And I want ask one doubt - a man have 6/6 eye. And still he will affected by colour blindnes?

Doctor Answers (2) on Colour blind

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
Yes it is possible to have a perfectly normal vision of 6/6 but having color blindness.
Coming to conclusions by taking some test in youtube is not correct. Didnt you feel anything since your childhood?
You are normal most likely. But get it checked out by a ophthalmologist in person to be sure.
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... I went through your query..... Color blindness is an inherited condition that affects males more frequently than females... Color blindness occurs when light-sensitive cells in the retina fail to respond appropriately to variations in wavelengths of light that enable people to see an array of colors. . Consult Ophthalmologist for further evaluation and treatment.....