Color change after c sect
Hi Doctor. . I had a c section 8 months ago. My actuall color is fair but after c section my face changed to thick black color especially around eyes. .nose..mouth... Appearing as if a diseased person. . Please advise on what needs to be done. THANKS IN ADVANCE. .

Dr. Arunabha Das
General Physician 4 yrs exp Darjeeling
Cesarean section is very common nowadays in pregnancy. Following c-section, darkening of skin colour occurs due to excessive production of MSH which is leading to melanogenesis. Melanogenesis is a process of production of melanin pigments which causes darkness of skin. Excess production of MSH also effects appetite and sexual arousal. Apply tretinoin cream 0.04% once daily for 30mins and wash off. Take multivitamins,irons and calcium regularly. If your darkness of skin doesnot improve than consult gynaecologist.