Chikunguniya - Stiff Legs
My Father is recently showing symptoms of Chikunguniya. He had high fever 4 days ago, high body pains, decreasing Platelets, decreasing WBCs. We consulted a local doctor and he diagnosed Chikunguniya, though the Blood Test Reports show -ve for Chikunguniya as well as for Dengue. The MAIN problem he is now suffering is that of Highly Stiff Legs. His legs are so tight and stiff, that he cannot walk by himself without any help. He is having no fever or pains as of now (except those from stiffness). Kindly Help!

Hello there..... I can understand your concern..... The majority of patients will recover completely within one to two weeks but some may be left with chronic joint pains which may last several years....Chikungunya virus does not cause mortality directly but in the presence of other comorbidities it may contribute to a fatal outcome..... Follow the instructions given by your Physician.....

Leg stiffness during pregnancy