Chest infection
My father is going through chest infection. He was advised by family docter to have chest xray which showed some white area in the right lung therfore, he was diagnosed to have pneumonia but after taking one week medicines the chest xray shows same infection and there is no change. He was told by the docter to have ct scan to judge whta type of infection it is. Really worried what it can be..as all the other body tests done are coming normal and there is no major illness he has ever suffered. He is having asthma for a year or so. Nowdays after eating so many antibiotics he body is experiancing weakness and there is little bit cough. Please help and tell what kind of infection is there and is it curable as my father is not that finacially strong.

Dr. Kaushik Saha
Pulmonologist 14 yrs exp Kolkata

It may be tubercular infection. Do sputum for AFB for consecutive 3 days and consult a chest specialist immediately.