Centre & Left chest pain
I have been smoking since a year now, my frequency of smoking used to be like twice or max thrice a week . Since last month i had almost started smoking daily, 1-2 a day. Last week I had pain in my chest aligned to the centre and left and my throat was burning. Immediately I stopped smoking and now its a week but I still feel the pain when I wake up in the morning. It seems to be coming from within the ribs. I feel the pain sometimes in the day. Can you please advise me is this actually because of smoking or any other reason could be behind it. I did not lift any kind of heavy stuff also.

Hi.... Your symptoms are suggestive of costochondritis..... Costochondritis is a painful inflammation of the costchondrial joint connecting the ribs to the breastbone or sternum.... Avoid unnecessary exercise or activities that make the symptoms worse. Avoid sports until there is improvement in symptoms and then return to normal activities.... Heat or ice around the affected area may be helpful in relieving symptoms....