Cauda equina syndrome

I've been operated on my spine a year back. Doctors have told me that my operation was successful however I still get this shooting pain on my right leg and have numbness in my body. My operating doctor has told me that the numbness and the pain will eventually go but it's been a year that I've been operated and the pain becomes unbearable at times and for the same I take the medicine Ace Proxyvon whenever I can't bear the pain. Is there any other alternative? Should I be consulting another doctor? Please advice.

Doctor Answers (2) on Cauda equina syndrome

Dr.Swarup Kumar Ghosh. Kolkata | General Physician
Rx Calc Phosh 200x Dosags-4tab with hot water 5 times daily six month. 0000---0000---0000--0000---0000 S.k.ghosh.18.5.2016.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there cauda equina syndrome is such type where the nerves relating to the legs are compressed by the vertebra. If that is operated the system should get back to normal. If it isn't then there would two possible reasons and those are flaw from the side of doctor lets assume doctors surgery has failed to decompress the nerves and so that still you're facing pain and numbness. But he is very experienced to say that he was wrong he is confident about what he has done. And the other one would be of your side it is like you have nit followed doctors advice properly. It might not be intentional but being conscious too may lead any kind of mistake. It might be your sitting posture or you have to maintain your while sittings sleeping. Just tally where is the flaw. Thank you