Bone problem

My father works in Indian railways and have to walk a lot for his work. From last three months this kness have swollen and ankle bone has increased in size. We consulted with a doctor after watching MRI reports he said the knees need to be washed. Otherwise knee replacement. Please suggest what would be best for him.

Doctor Answers (3) on Bone problem

Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C Bangalore | Orthopedic Surgeon
It appears like osteoarthritis of knee, washing joints means arthroscopic procedure of joint debridement , for some extent gives temporary pain relief for some days, but joint replacement is permanent for 14-15 years, since your father age is 52 he has suggested wash can go for it , but to give opinion better to examine clinically and radiological and then I can
Dr. Amit Dua Delhi | Rheumatologist
Hello I think your father is having osteoarthritis, and if its severe then the best treatment is replacement. I don't know what does your doctor mean "knee need to be washeed". Visit your rheumatologist for detail examination and further management. Wishing your father speedy recovery. Thanks.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Well.. It seems that he is suffering from osteoarthritis.. I need to see the MRI reports to check on that...better follow-up with the orthopaedician