Blurred vision left eye
My mother has suddenly developed central blur vision in left eye we did test for mascular degen which were negative on doing vep doctor has suggested of distal atrophy can someone help what's that and what's the treatment and how serious it is.

Hello, I understand and appreciate your concern towards your mother. This age people mist commonly face this type of problem. There are several factors causing this but only common factor at this age leading to vision blurring is cataract. So your mother needs examination from a ophthalmologist. After she is examined thoroughly they will advice you what to do. Kindly take her to a local ophthalmologist. Thank you