chest-icon

Blood in cough

For the last two days, i have been been coughing up blood. these events occurred during night. the amount of blood was little (1 teaspoon), and the color of the blood was bright red. there were no mucus present in the cough. since then i kind of have a burning sensation in my throat. i have been a smoker for last 4 years. apart from that i have no history of any medical issues. i'm really tensed about this. any assistance regarding this would be appreciated.

Hello There. I can understand your concern. since its bright red coloured blood, it must be coming from the upper throat only. but you need to consult a pulmonologist in person for further evaluation and management. you will need to get a few tests also done. do not delay this issue any further and take a appointment with a pulmonologist. you can find best pulmonologist near you using practo app itself and you can book an appointment also. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.

Hello..... There are two types, one coughing blood and vomiting blood, if you are coughing blood pathology present in the lung, if you are vomiting blood, pathology is in gastrointestinal tract...coughing blood resembles blood tinge in sputum , get an x ray and endoscopy to know the cause, consult general physician soon.