Ayurvedha and eng med?

Iam 24 years old. Is it okay to take chyawanprash in the morning and biotin supplements after meals ? Iam skinny , i started taking chyawanprash a week ago . I was wondering if it will affect my health since iam using ayurvedha and english medicines at the same time? I take one in the morning and the supplement after meals (aftrnoon). Plz advise . Iam not sure who to ask this question..

Doctor Answers (2) on Ayurvedha and eng med?

Dr. Anil B Sheth Ahmedabad | General Physician
As u said u r skinny, i presumed that u r taking ayurvedic medi. for wt gain.I will suggest u need to take more protein containing food, like more pulses . n dry nuts ,n all kinds of seasonal fruits.plus if u can eat eggs then nothing like it.Eat 1-2 eggs /day as per yr digestive capacity.u will put on wt in 2-3 months or so.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... Since I'm general physician ,i can't comment of ayurvedic medicines... Biotin supplement is used in biotin deficiency, symptom of biotin deficiency is hair loss.. You can use it if you there is biotin defecit.. ..Biotin is LIKELY SAFE for most people when taken appropriately and by mouth.