chest-icon

AML Patient & Fungal Infe

She have AMl, it diagnost in May 2016. After 2nd Chemo she face lot of problem like unconsciousness, Pneumonia (2 times), and then Fungal infection.. Now she is ok.. She have not any problem... In last one month she not Fever, Omating, loos motion, she is able to eat or move herself, but still I am worried because of Fungal infection. Doc works on it from last 2 months but there is no positive singn for curing of Fungal infection.. She have 2cm and 4cm tumour of Fungal Infection in Right Chest.... Doc use Ambisome Inj 150mg for 20 days, and now noxafil (posaconazole) She use from last month... Doc try hard bt there is no effect... Plzzzz help me...

Doctor Answers (1) on AML Patient & Fungal Infe

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Well.
The patient is immunocompromised because of the underlying disease she is suffering from..she is being given the best of antifungal treatment available...it's really difficult for her body to tackle the infection..let's hope that she will recover soon...thank you