Acidity due to spices

The problem has been occurring periodically. The entire body starts to bloat/swell. At first I thought it was due to spices. But lately I've been too sensitive to it. Even minimal amount of spices causes acidity and is also adding to the weight (at least swelling). Earlier when it used to happen, it caused severe aches

Doctor Answers (1) on Acidity due to spices

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, Eat and drink slowly. Taking your time can help you swallow less air. Avoid carbonated drinks and beer. They release carbon dioxide gas.Stop having spicy food items,have buttermilk ,curd .Have fiber containing vegetables like beans ,green leafy etc.. Sleep 3 hours after food ,go for walk after dinner Treat heartburn. For occasional, mild heartburn, over-the-counter antacids or other remedies may be helpful. GERD may require prescription-strength medication or other treatments.