Abscess near fingernail
Sir Please guide me with a suitable antibiotic course for a pus swelling under skin near finger nail..i have drained the pus out using a dispovan syringe needle but the swelling is not completely gone..the pus is not there..but the area is red and swollen again..kindly help. ADARSH

Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. It is not advisable to simply prescribe the antibiotics over the phone. We will have to examine once before suggesting anything as it can cause allergic side effects. Plus the swelling is looking very big. It is important to rule out any vascular compromise. So kindly consult a general surgeon for further evaluation.