Abdomen related

My father has transferred in jammu few months back, bt wen he come dis tym he is very week n also not taking food properly n also hez complaining of bad digestion n loose motion hwever doctr prescribed him cyclopam 520mg, bt is der some othr medicine or test for which he can go or wat shud we do so he start taking his food properly. Currently he is only taking juice n curd.

Doctor Answers (1) on Abdomen related

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Sir, as you have mentioned that your father is having untimely eating habits and since he is eating food outside the home,that food might be spicy or oily. Which might have lead to gastritis. And if your father also has a habit of drinking coffee amd tea frequently while working that also aggravates his condition. And you should know that alcohol and smoking also known to cause gastritis. So the main thing I am suggesting is to stop all this. Tell him to follow a healthy diet which should include green leafy vegetables, fruits and berries which are rich in fibre. Advise him to take fresh fruits instead of taking it in juice form, since the waste formed while making juice consist of fibres which will be beneficial for the gut, so prefer fresh raw fruits. Take lassi,yoghurt,buttermilk, ragi gunji instead of coffee and tea. Avoid outside food, prefer only home cooked meal.drink plenty of water. And never skip a meal. Do daily morning brisk walking, yoga and meditation. If you are not satisfied consult a dietician.