12xxxxxxx10
I have got a swollen lymph node in the neck , I visited a doctor and he suggested me to go for a fnac and AFB test, AFB test shows there's no AFB seen however the clinical findings by the doctor said I have an extra pulmonary tuberculosis, how can I be sure whether it is EPT only? My weight is 57 and in a good diet, before going for medication I just want to make sure whether there are other tests that confirms the disease, plz help

Dr. Pankaj K Bang
Pulmonologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

There are other features in the fnac which are suggestive of tb. Afb may not be visible in all cases. Do a genxpert test for confirmation. If u are from Mumbai, u can contact my clinic ..details are given on practo.
Dr. Amruth Sindhu
Pulmonologist 10 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. I understand your concerns. mostly afb will not be found in lymphnode tb. So clinical correlation of symptoms a along with histopathology report will be helpful in this case. If you are from bangalore you can consult me at my clinic at hebbal kempapura with you reports. Hope your questions were answered. thanks.