232 doctors available in Chennai
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What causes pilonidal sinus?
The exact cause of PNS is not known. However, the cyst or abscess is believed to occur due to a change in hormones, friction from clothes, sitting for a long time or hair growth.
2. Is pilonidal sinus curable?
Yes. PNS can be cured with the appropriate treatment.
3. What are the treatment options for pilonidal sinus?
PNS can be treated with:
1. Conservative treatment
2. Phenol injection
4. For what duration will I need treatment for pilonidal sinus?
Depending on how severe the PNS is, it could take 4-10 weeks to treat PNS.
5. Are there any preventive measures for pilonidal sinus?
You can prevent the recurrence of PNS by using a mild soap every day to clean the wound and washing the soap away. You should avoid sitting or standing for extended periods.