Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Can an internal medicine specialist treat children?
Internal medicine is a field of medical practise which involves the treatment of adults and deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases in adults.
2. Is an internist and internal medicine specialist the same?
Internal medicine specialists primarily treat adults and in rare cases treat children. An internal medicine specialist with combined pediatric training, however, can treat children.
3. What type of education do you need to become internal medicine specialist?
Not all internal medicine specialists perform surgery except a trained specialist who has additional qualification and training in specific surgical procedures.
4. What kind of treatment does the internal medicine specialist give?
Yes. Internal medicine specialists are the same as internists.
5. When should I see an internal medicine specialist?
Yes. Internal medicine has a number of specialties, such as:
2. Allergy and immunology
3. Cardiovascular disease
8. Pulmonary diseases