15 doctors available in South t.t. nagar
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Who is a Sexologist?
A sexologist is trained and educated in terms of human sexual health. They are a specialist in sexology (the study of human sex life or sexual relationships). They deal with sexual development, orientation, dysfunction, relationships and disorders concerning any of these aspects that may affect a person's sex life.
2. How can a Sexologist help?
Sexologists can help deal with sexual dysfunction, and problems in sexual feelings and behaviours. They can assist help people improve sexual health and interactions for indivuals and between partners. They do this by taking a detailed history taking and dong blood tests or imaging tests if any. They will make a diagnosis and prescribe treatment accordingly.
3. What problems a Sexologist can treat?
Sexologists can help with the following problems:
• Premature ejaculation in men
• Problems with intercourse technique
• Addiction to sex or watching porn
• Delayed ejaculation
• Inability to get aroused
• Erectile dysfunction in men
• Not getting attracted to the partner
• Inability to enjoy oral sex
4. When do you need to see a sex therapist?
You might have to visit a sexologist if you:
• Have intense sexual behaviours
• Are not able to match your sexual desires and needs
• Have a low sex drive
• Have physiological problems that might lower your sex drive
• Are preoccupied or obsessed with sexual thoughts
5. Sexologist and sex therapists, are they the same?
Sex therapists can be family and marriage therapists. They can also be a psychologist, a clinical social worker or a psychiatrist. Whereas, sexologists only deal with managing and treating sexual health problems.