Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the symptoms associated with GERD?
Symptoms associated with GERD include heartburn after meals, difficulty in swallowing, chest pain, uneasiness and sourness in the throat.
2. What changes in the diet can help me in managing GERD?
Eating a healthy nutritious diet, which is mild in taste and non-spicy, is recommended. Eating at regular intervals and drinking plenty of water will also be helpful. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, tea and other beverages that can cause stomach irritation.
3. How long is the duration of treatment for GERD?
The treatment for GERD depends on the intensity and duration of the symptoms. Immediate relief can be sought with antacids and medications to strengthen the oesophageal sphincter.
4. What home remedies can help me in managing GERD?
Consuming foods, such as milk, turmeric and herbal tea, can help in reducing the symptoms of GERD, but they may not be useful in the long term. Dietary modifications, lifestyle changes and medications provide relief from GERD.
5. Can medicines used for acidity be useful in treating GERD?
Yes. Antacids, such as proton pump inhibitors and H2 antagonists, help in reducing acidity symptoms, heartburn and irritation and are prescribed in patients with GERD.