1. What are the advantages of Mastoidectomy?
The following are the advantages of Mastoidectomy:
- Helps in reducing the ear infection
- Prevents recurrent ear infections
2. Is Mastoidectomy a major surgery or minor surgery?
Mastoidectomy can be either major or minor surgery depending on the patient's medical condition and the extent of the tissue to be removed.
3. Is Mastoidectomy Permanent?
Mastoidectomy is a permanent surgery as it removes the mastoid and the surrounding infected tissues.
4. What is the success rate of Mastoidectomy?
The success rate of Mastoidectomy depends on the following factors:
- Age of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
- The extent of tissue removed
However, the success rate of Mastoidectomy maybe 98%.
5. Can Mastoidectomy be detected in future?
Mastoidectomy can be detected in the future with the help of surgical scars behind the ear.