Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lip Augmentation?
Enhancing the overall appearance, shape, and size of the lips of an individual is termed as Lip augmentation. It is a cosmetic procedure in which filler substances like collagen, oils or other solutions will be injected into the lips to enhance the lips.
What are the advantages of Lip Augmentation?
Few of the advantages of Lip Augmentation are:
- Fuller lips
- Symmetrical appearance
- Boosting self-confidence
- Minimally invasive
What are the indications of Lip Augmentation?
Few indications for Lip Augmentation are:
- Reshaping of lips after an accident or injury
- Cosmetic purpose
- Asymmetric lips
What are the steps involved in Lip Augmentation?
- The surgeon will examine the lips to know what kind of changes should be made.
- The Local anesthesia is given near the lips of the patient Next, a suitable lip filler material will be selected to be injected into the lips
- With a series of injections, the lip filler material will be injected to achieve the desired appearance of the lips.
- Photos of the lips will be taken to compare them with the photos before the surgery.
Who are the best surgeons/doctors to perform Lip Augmentation?
A well trained and certified Cosmetic Surgeon and a Plastic Surgeon who is well experienced in performing Lip Augmentation can perform this procedure.
What is the cost of Lip Augmentation?
Minimum cost for Lip Augmentation in Bangalore starts from Rs. 15,000
Average expenses for Lip Augmentation in Bangalore is approximately Rs. 24,000
Maximum amount to be paid for Lip Augmentation in Bangalore rises up to Rs. 33,000
Cost of Lip Augmentation depends on factors such as:
- Doctor fee
- Age of the patient
- Type of Lip fillers used
- Type of Hospital
Is Lip Augmentation a major procedure or minor procedure?
Lip augmentation is a minor procedure and involves the use of filler injections to volumize and improvise the overall appearance of the lips.
What are the risks and complications associated with Lip Augmentation?
Few of the risks or complications involved in Lip Augmentation are:
- Swelling of the lips
- Tissue loss
- Allergic reactions to the filling material used
- Irregular filling
- Itching and bleeding around the lips
How long does it take to complete Lip Augmentation?
Lip augmentation procedure may take around 20-40 minutes to complete.
What is the recovery time for Lip Augmentation?
Individuals who undergo Lip Augmentation may take around 2-5 days to recover completely.
What is the success rate of Lip Augmentation?
The success rate of Lip Augmentation depends on the following factors:
- Age of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
- Experience of the cosmetic surgeon/doctor
- Type of procedure performed
However, the success rate of Lip Augmentation maybe 68-75%.
Is Lip Augmentation Permanent?
The Lip Augmentation procedure is temporary as the individuals would require revision injections after a course of time, depending on the type of procedure performed and filler material used.
What are the long-term results of Lip Augmentation?
Few of the long term results of Lip Augmentation are:
- Improved overall facial appearance
- Symmetrical and Well shaped lips
What are the alternatives for Lip Augmentation?
The following are the alternatives for Lip Augmentation:
- Use of lip plumper devices
- Lip Augmentation Creams