Frequently Asked Questions
What is Endometrial Biopsy?
The process of collecting a sample of tissue from the inner lining of the uterus is called an Endometrial Biopsy. The tissue sample is often collected for finding or diagnosing any abnormal growths or changes in the tissue lining of an individual.
What are the advantages of Endometrial Biopsy?
The following are the advantages of Endometrial Biopsy:
- Early detection of uterine disorders
- Screening for endometrial cancer
What are the indications of the Endometrial Biopsy?
Endometrial Biopsy is indicated in the following conditions:
- To diagnose uterine abnormalities
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Endometrial Cancer
- Uterine fibroids or cysts
- Evaluation for fertility
What are the steps involved in Endometrial Biopsy?
The steps involved in Endometrial Biopsy are as follows:
- General anesthesia will be given by the anesthesiologist before the procedure to sedate the patient and numb the pain.
- The patient will be made to lie on the back with the heels resting on supports.
- The cervix will be examined by the doctor with the help of a speculum inserted into the vagina.
- A thin long tube-like instrument is used to collect the endometrial tissue sample. The collected sample is transferred into sterile containers and sent for further laboratory analysis.
Who can perform Endometrial Biopsy [Right specialist type for Endometrial Biopsy]?
Endometrial Biopsy can be performed by:
What is the cost of Endometrial Biopsy?
Cost of Endometrial Biopsy depends on factors such as:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Age of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Type of Hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
Minimum cost for Endometrial Biopsy in Bangalore starts from Rs. 20,000
Average expenses for Endometrial Biopsy in Bangalore is approximately Rs. 45,000
Maximum amount to be paid for Endometrial Biopsy in Bangalore rises up to Rs. 75,000
Is Endometrial Biopsy a major Procedure or minor Procedure?
Endometrial Biopsy is a minor procedure as it collects the tissue sample from the endometrium.
What are the risks and complications associated with Endometrial Biopsy?
Few of the complications of endometrial biopsy:
- Abdominal Pain
- Bleeding and infections
- Fever or chills
- Foul or non-foul smelling vaginal discharge
How long does it take to complete Endometrial Biopsy?
Endometrial biopsy takes about 10 -20 minutes to complete.
What is the recovery time for Endometrial Biopsy?
Individuals who undergo Endometrial Biopsy may take 1-3 days to recover completely.
Is Endometrial Biopsy Permanent?
Endometrial Biopsy is a temporary diagnostic procedure performed to collect a sample of tissue from the endometrium.
What are the long-term results of Endometrial Biopsy?
- Evaluation and diagnosis of endometrial tissue
- Early detection of Endometrial Cancer
Can Endometrial Biopsy be detected in future?
Endometrial Biopsy is a diagnostic procedure and cannot be detected in the future.