43 doctors available in Vijayawada
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the common causes of breast pain?
Common causes of breast pain may be large size of breast, changes in the milk gland or milk ducts, previous breast surgery, pregnancy, menopause, birth control pills, antidepressants, fatty acid imbalance, etc.
2. Can breast pain be a symptom of breast cancer?
Breast pain could be a symptom of inflammatory breast cancer; whereas, cancerous breast tumours are usually painless.
3. What are the common steps involved in the diagnosis of causes of breast pain?
Basic steps involved in breast pain diagnosis are: (1) examination of breast, (2) analysis of the history of breast pain like how long and when does it first occurred, (3) filling of data related to periods and pain on a chart, (4) is breast pain cyclic or non-cyclic and (5) examination of the chest wall to check if the breast pain is linked to chest pain.
4. Can I use over-the-counter pain-relieving medicines to treat breast pain?
Yes, over-the-counter pain relievers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be used with your physician's advice, but prolonged use of these medicines can result in liver problems.
5. What are the therapies for the management of breast pain?
High-level anxiety may be the cause of severe breast pain. Therefore, relaxation therapy can help with the management of breast pain.