1. What is included in migraine treatment?
Medications used for the treatment of migraines are of two main types, pain-relieving medications which are used during the migraine attack to lessen the pain and preventive medications which have to be regularly taken to prevent the occurrence of migraines and to reduce the severity of the migraine attack.
2. Can I take over-the-counter pain-relieving medicines for migraine headache?
Over the counter pain-relieving medicines may be taken for migraine. These mainly include aspirin and ibuprofen. Chronic use of these medications may cause various side effects such as ulcers, medication induced headaches, etc.
3. Is acupuncture useful in treating migraine pain?
Acupuncture has been used to treat migraines. It is actually an effective method and reduces the frequency and intensity of migraine attacks.
4. What dietary modifications can help me in managing migraine?
Patients must drink plenty of fluids. Ask your doctor if you can take vitamin supplements such as vitamin B, magnesium and coenzyme Q10 supplements.
5. Can yoga help me in treating migraine?
Yoga and other relaxation techniques such as deep breathing help deal with stressful situations and thus reduce the frequency of migraine attacks.