1. What is bandaging?
Bandaging is the process of applying a supportive material to a medical device for covering a dressing and restricting the movement of a body part in case of a sprain.
2. What are the types of bandaging?
The types of bandaging are
(1) Gauze or roller
3. What is the difference between bandaging and dressing?
A dressing is used primarily for covering wounds to stop bleeding and prevent infection, whereas bandaging is used to support the dressing or maintain it in place.
4. How is bandaging helpful?
Bandaging is helpful in
(1) Keeping away dirt and microbes
(2) Keeping dressing in place
(3) Stopping bleeding with its pressure
5. Is it okay to cover stitches with a bandage?
Yes, the stitches should be covered with a non-stick bandage for 24-48 hours. Bandaging will provide protection from friction between the stitches and clothes as well from dirt.