1. Do cold sores occur in cold season?
No. Although the condition has "cold" to its name, cold sores do not have anything to do with the cold season.
2. How are cold sores treated?
Cold sores are treated with a variety of antivirals, oral antiviral medication and pain killers to ease the pain if any.
3. Is cold sore and pimple the same?
No. Cold sores are caused by HSV in the body, while pimples are caused by bacteria. Another key difference between the two is pimples produce pus, while cold sores produce blisters.
4. Can I prevent cold sores?
The only way to prevent cold sores is to prevent using any items used by those with cold sores. You should wash your hands regularly to prevent the virus from infecting your body.
5. How much time is required for complete cure of a cold sore?
A cold sore usually vanishes by itself within four days to two weeks.