Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
More doctors in Surat
Practo does not guarantee confirmed appointments and wait-time with these doctors
1. What is the cause for kidney stones?
Urine is the body's waste product, which helps to get rid of excess minerals and salts. When there is an increase in the amount of these minerals, it results in kidney stones. These stones vary in size, and the symptoms vary based on the size. When stones block the urethra (tubes carrying urine), it causes pain.
2. How can kidney stones be prevented?
Stones can be prevented by:
- Drinking plenty of water
- Avoiding stone-forming and -promoting foodstuffs such as chocolates (sugar), sweet potatoes, spinach, red meat and beets
- Consuming a diet containing whole grains, vegetables, lemon and fruits
3. Is it safe to wait for the kidney stones to pass on their own?
It is safe to wait for the kidney stones to pass on their own in the following situations:
- If the stone size is small (it can pass through the urine, but consult a physician if the stone has not passed even after 1-1.5 months of drinking enough water)
- If you do not experience unbearable pain
- If the stone size is small according to the physician
4. What conditions can lead to formation of kidney stones?
Risk of kidney stones is first signalled by low urine volume, and conditions leading to its formation include:
- Family history
- Bowel-related conditions such as diarrhoea or gastric bypass surgery
- Overactive parathyroid glands
- Overuse of calcium and vitamin D supplements
5. What are the symptoms of kidney stones?
Symptoms of kidney stones include:
- Bloody or dark urine
- Severe pain while urinating along with a feeling of urgency to urinate
- In men, pain at the tip of the penis
- Pain in the back or lower abdomen, which is sharp, and cramping in the form of waves moving lower towards the groin
- Nausea and vomiting sensation
Kidney stones are caused due to high concentration of minerals such as calcium, oxalate and uric acid in the urine. These crystals stick together to form one or more stones. These can block the flow of urine.
It is recommended to consume enough fluids in order to urinate 2.5 litres of urine on a daily basis. This helps flush the kidneys. Along with this, eating small amounts of oxalate-rich foods, like:
and reducing salt and animal protein intake can help reduce the risk of kidney stones. Moreover, medicines can be taken to avoid the formation of calcium and uric acid stones, which helps with comprehensive care to prevent kidney stone formation in the long run.
For the diagnosis and treatment of kidney stones, the help of a kidney stone doctor or kidney stone specialist can be taken. This facility is available in the best hospital for kidney stones in any city in India.
Looking for the best hospital or clinic in Surat offering Kidney Stone treatment? Trust Practo to find you the best specialists or surgeons and clinics as well as hospitals in Surat to guide you through the entire treatment process! Kidney Stone treatment is recommended for kidney stones, or renal calculi. Your doctor may recommend Kidney Stone treatment if you are experiencing symptoms such as severe pain in the back, burning sensation while peeing, nausea, vomiting, etc.
If you are on the lookout for the best clinics or hospitals offering Kidney Stone treatment, you have come to the right place! Surat has no dearth of clinics/hospitals and nephrologists or urologists for Kidney Stone treatment!
What’s more? With a presence in over 100+ hospitals and access to 200+ surgeons in 25+ cities, Practo can help you get in touch with the brightest in the field in Surat for Kidney Stone treatment to ensure you receive the best care always.
Get in touch with us today to book your appointment!