281 doctors available in Surat
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What do I need to do to take care of my dentures?
You need to take following measures to take care of your dentures
- clean your dentures well each day
- remove dentures every night
- use soft bristled denture brush
- place them in cleanser soaking solution when not in use
- handle dentures with care
2. Is it a painful procedure to get dentures fitted?
Now a days, there is little pain during dentures fitting process, due to modern techniques. You may experience some pain or irritation when you are first fitted for new dentures. However, this pain subsides as your mouth becomes accustomed to dentures. If dentures are not fitting properly, then you can experience pain. Talk to your dentist if the pain persists.
3. Are permanent dentures better than the temporary ones?
Yes, permanent dentures are better than the temporary ones as they fit better than temporary ones. You can speak and eat food comfortably with permanent dentures as compared to temporary ones. There is no need to remove permanent dentures for cleaning and they are long lasting.
4. Will dentures restrict me from eating the food I like?
Yes, you have to restrict certain foods while you are wearing dentures like
- hard foods like nuts and chikki
- hot liquids
- sticky foods like chewing gum
These foods can damage your dentures. Besides these, you can eat most of the foods.
5. Can I get the dentures fitted after not having teeth for a long time?
It depends from one individual to other. The bone that holds the tooth shrinks over time after tooth removal. In such cases, it becomes difficult to fit dentures. The dentures should be made properly so that they can fit well.