Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Is there a method to permanently cure astigmatism?
Astigmatism which is a refractive error can be permanently cured with the help of LASIK operation.
2. Whom should I consult for the management of astigmatism?
An ophthalmologist can diagnose and suggest a treatment plan after reading all the symptoms and thoroughly examining you eyes.
3. What are the homecare measures for treating astigmatism?
Homecare measures include wearing eyeglasses, contacts are worn throughout the day. Some eye exercises like closing eyes and breathing while concentrating on your eyes and slowly starting to move eyeballs from side to side which has to be done several times a day. Also, a diet rich in green leafy vegetables and fruits must be included.
4. Can LASIK surgery help correct astigmatism?
Yes, LASIK will almost immediately help improve vision thus avoiding eyeglasses and contact lenses.
5. Can eyeglasses or contact lenses be useful in treating astigmatism?
Yes, corrective lenses are prescribed either in the form of eyeglasses or contact lenses. There is a special type of soft contact lenses called toric are advised by the doctors. These are quite successful in treating astigmatism.