Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the signs and symptoms of low blood pressure?
Low blood pressure is distinguished by the following indications:
- Dizziness or fatigue
- Dyspnea, lightheadedness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Blurry vision
- Chest pain, headache
2. What are the causes of low blood pressure?
Low blood pressure is caused by the following reasons:
- Dehydration or bleeding
- Medications like diuretics, beta blockers, alpha blockers
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Sepsis, thyroid disorders and anaphylaxis
- Cardiovascular disorders
3. Is low blood pressure hereditary?
Orthostatic hypotension can be hereditary. It depends upon the basic cause of hypotension. Cardiac or endocrine disorders, which cause hypotension, can also be hereditary.
4. Can migraine lead to low blood pressure?
Migraine can cause low blood pressure as a result of autonomic dysfunction. During migraine, there is a release of calcitonin gene-related peptides that lead to low blood pressure.
5. What foods can help me maintain normal blood pressure?
A well-balanced diet consisting of plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables, whole grains, proteins, vitamins and minerals should be administered for the maintenance of normal blood pressure.