11 Best Doctors for Acne Treatment in Navi Mumbai
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What is acne?
A skin condition resulting from plugging of hair follicles with dead skin cells and oil, leading to inflammation which heals slowly is called acne.Acne are typically recurrent.
2. Which is the age group more commonly affected with acne?
Teenagers experience acne most commonly, though it may affect an individual of any age groups.It starts appearing by puberty (between 10 to13 years) and worsens if you have oily skin. Acne developing in teenage generally lasts for five to 10 years, and are more severe in boys (though seen in both sexes).
3. What causes acne?
The causative factors of acne include:
• Bacterial infection
• Overproduction and secretion of oil
• Clogging of hair with dead skin cells and oil
• Overactive hormones (androgens)
4. Which parts of the body are commonly affected by acne?
Acne typically appear on your face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders because these areas of skin have the most oil (sebaceous) glands. Hair follicles are connected to oil glands.
5. What are the changes in the skin which you might experience if you have acne?
The visible changes in the skin due to acne include:
• Small raised tender red areas (papules), the tip of which when filled with pus is called pimple (pustule)
• Whiteheads or blackheads (which are closed or open clogged pores, respectively)
• Solid and large lumps, painful underneath the skin (nodules)
•When pus-filled, they are called cystic lesions