27 Best Doctors for Thrombocytopenia Treatment in Mumbai
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the signs and symptoms of thrombocytopenia?
The signs and symptoms may include an enlarged spleen, prolonged bleeding from cuts, blood in stools or urine, excessive bruising, unusually heavy menstrual flows, nose bleeding and jaundice.
2. How is thrombocytopenia diagnosed?
The doctor may recommend some tests to diagnose thrombocytopenia. The tests include a blood test and physical exams with a complete medical history.
3. Can thrombocytopenia lead to any complications?
Yes, low platelet counts to below 10,000 per microliter may lead to serious internal bleeding. In severe cases, it may cause bleeding into the brain, which may lead to death.
4. How long will it take to cure thrombocytopenia?
If the person has mild symptoms of thrombocytopenia, it can be cured without treatment. However in a chronic condition, if your platelet count is low then treatments and medications are available to cure thrombocytopenia.
5. Do I need surgery for the management of thrombocytopenia?
If other treatments options do not help in managing thrombocytopenia, you may need surgery called splenectomy to remove the spleen.