1. What medicines are recommended for treating chickenpox?
The drugs recommended for treating chickenpox are antivirals, such as acyclovir and intravenous immunoglobulins. These medicines are prescribed only in case of a risk of complications.
2. What are the home remedies for chicken pox?
Home remedies for chickenpox are
(1) A bath with oatmeal-soaked cool water
(2) A lukewarm water bath mixed with baking soda
(3) Application of calamine lotion on blisters
3. How many days does it take to recover from chickenpox?
It takes about 7-15 days to recover from chickenpox after the first symptom or rashes appear.
4. Is it okay to take a bath during chickenpox?
It is perfectly safe to bathe during chickenpox. It is necessary for cleanliness. After bathing, apply calamine lotion on the skin.
5. How do I know if the condition is healing?
Formation of crusts and scabs, which is the last stage of chickenpox, indicates that the condition is healing.