1. What symptoms are observed in people with anger-related issues?
The physical symptoms observed in people with anger-related issues are increased blood pressure, heart palpitation, tingling, headache and fatigue. Emotional symptoms are rage, anxiety and constant irritability.
2. What is anger management?
Anger management is to identify the signs of anger in oneself and finding ways to calm down and dealing with it.
3. Why is anger management done?
Anger leads to frustration, irritability and anxiety; anger management helps calm down and prevent further consequences.
4. What to expect in anger management sessions?
In anger management sessions, one is helped to recognise the factors that trigger the signal. These classes aim to
(1) Manage anger-causing factors
(2) Learn skills to manage anger
(3) Calm down
(4) Learn communication skills to dissolve conflicts
(5) Achieve problem-solving attitude in frustrating situations
5. How many sessions does anger management take?
The length and number of anger-management counselling sessions depend upon the counsellor and your needs.